Wednesday, February 9, 2011

PUJOLS More Than A Game by Scott Lamb and Tim Ellsworth

I received my complimentary copy of PUJOLS from Thomas Nelson Publishers with some anxiety because I am not a sports fan.  I should not have worried about reviewing this book because I enjoyed every word.  I found that this remarkable man and athelete who cares much more about Jesus and living for Him than he cares about baseball.  Reading this story about a man and his wife totally sold out to The Lord was an inspiration.  PUJOLS says he doesn't want to be remembered as a great baseball player.  He wants to be remembered as a great guy that loved The Lord, loved serving his community, and who gave back.  There is lots of scripture through out the book and it gives you many examples of what God expects of His children and how He blessed them.  I had a hard time putting it down and I am certain that it would be even more enjoyable if you are a baseball fan.  I think this would be an excellent tool to help a young man see his need for giving his life to Jesus.  The PUJOLS oldest daughter has downs syndrome and the foundation they have formed for families with disabled children is a story in its self.  They tirelessly give of themselves and their resources to help others and often travel to foreign countries to aid and deliver the gospel message.  This is definitely a must read for sports fans and anyone needing a spiritual uplifting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment