Monday, April 11, 2011

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews was a complimentary book sent to me by Thomas Nelson Publishers.  I have never received or read a book by Thomas Nelson Publishers that I did not throughly enjoy.  This book has me thinking about it all the time.  It was the hardest book I have ever had to review, but I received so much by its spiritual content that I believe it is a life changing book.  This book reminded me a lot of C.S. Lewis style of writing.  Everything in the book and David Ponder's life has a meaning to it.  David Ponder is the main character and the books starts just after he loses his wife of many years.  David is seventy four years old and a very successful businessman for the second time.  He lost everything once, but quickly gained it all back after an encounter with Archangel Gabriel as he guides him through Seven Decisions for Success with the help of other travelers such as Ann Frank ,Col Chamberlain and Abraham Lincoln just to name a few.

David Ponder is in deep depression at the loss of his wife and Gabriel appears again and off to heaven they go again so that David can lead the Travelers Summit.  The attendees of the the summit help find the answer that they must come up with the solution as to what must happen to save humanity.  The answer must be two words and they have five chances to come up with the right answer as time runs short for the Final Summit.  I hesitate to give too much away or to give you my personal impressions of the meaning so I will leave that up to you as you journey with the travelers.

No comments:

Post a Comment