Monday, April 18, 2011

LEAD SERVE LOVE by GregoryE. Lang

I was delighted to get to review this newest complimentary book by Thomas Nelson Publishers LEAD SERVE LOVE by Gregory E. Lang.  I believe that this book with its simplicity of 100 three-word ways to be like Jesus can change your attitude as you read it, I know it changed mine.  This is a lovely gift book with a beautiful cover.  I will no doubt be giving many of my friends this book.  The three word titles to each devotion cover every need we face as we strive to be more like Jesus.  A sample of a few of the hundred devotions and scriptures with the three word titles are :Smile At Everyone, Share With Others, Listen With Understanding, Forgive All Wrongs, Soften Your Heart, Overcome Your Worry, Make A Difference, Accept What Comes and ninety two others.  This book has a short devotion on one side of the page and scriptures to back up the devotion on the page beside it.  I would consider this book to be a devotional and a gift book.

The book starts out with a presentation page and ends with a note from the author that presents himself as being like the rest of us a sinner saved by grace (my word, not his).  This book would lead you to believe that Mr. Lang has a well studied mind toward what we must do in our walk to be more like Jesus.  He is very humble, but I suspect he was lead by The Holy Spirit to write such a powerful book and surely must have the gift of writing  and being able to communicate with others.  The acknowlegments at the end of the book include Mr. Lang's email address.  I never write the authors, but this is one time I feel compelled to communicate my thanks for him writing this life changing book.

No comments:

Post a Comment