Wednesday, April 13, 2011

JOLT! by Phil Cooke

I had no expectations when I first received the complimentary book JOLT! by Phil Cooke.  The book is published by Thomas Nelson Publishers.  The quality of the book meets the high standards of Thomas Nelson with its beautiful cover and most important its content.  I have in my personal library many motivational and business culture books.  I was not prepared for Phil Cooke's easy read of basic suggestions on how to get the jump on a world that's constantly changing as suggested in his subtitle.  Every example given applies not only to our business life, but also our personal lives.  I could not put the book down as I read chapters such as Start at the Finish Line, Jolt Your Priorities,Better Choices, Borders and my personal favorite The Power of Focus to name a few.
  The Power of Focus looked at multitasking and the impact it has on mistakes and cost of fixing those mistakes.  The chapter on Focus also dealt with our sleep habits and the old saying sleep on it.  It points out how important REM sleep is and power of our dreams in helping us sort out our problems.
  The chapters end in questions and review and the book points out how important asking the right questions of ourselves and our behavior.  The book has experiences that Mr. Cooke has had that demonstrate the benefit of his suggestions.  It is a must read for everyone that wants to succeed in business and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment